One of the quickest and most common money-making strategies online is to use Google AdSense to monetize your website. Though, despite the fact that it is a simple process, you should understand some details first, especially the pros and cons, before you start to choose this Ad Network.
I’d like to show you how to make money with Google AdSense in this blog. It is one you’ve most likely heard whenever you search for Ad Monetization on Google. To use this guide effectively, you should already have a website that is generating traffic, or you should be working on creating one.
- What is Google Adsense
- How Does it Work
- Adsense Pros and Cons
- Types of Google Adsense Ads (Ad Unit)
- How To Create an Ad Unit
- 2 Ways in Optimizing your Adsense Ads
- Watch out for Invalid Traffic
- Tips for Using Adsense
- How Does the Payment Work
- Testing Out Adsense Alternatives (other Ad Networks)
What is Google Adsense
Google AdSense is a paid advertising program that allows you to monetize content like blogs, websites, and YouTube videos. Clients pay to advertise on it, and you get a cut of the revenue by hosting ads on your website or channel. Signing up for AdSense is completely free.
Here’s a video for more details:
How Adsense Works?
Google must first approve your website. If your site has compelling content and lives up to AdSense’s policies, you are eligible to apply.
Google is very picky about who they accept into their advertising network. They want to keep the quality of their websites high while also ensuring the stability of their ad network. Here are the requirements:
- Your content must be valuable, unique, and interesting.
- Your content must comply with Google Content Policies.
- If your site is inside a host partner, like YouTube, you can apply for Google AdSense, but there are other requirements you need to meet.
- Your site should be at least six months old and have enough organic traffic (not fake).
After you’ve been approved, you can arrange for ads to show up on your website. You have control over which types of ads run and where they appear on the page. However, the companies that appear on your site make an offer (bidding system) for the privilege to have their ads displayed on your website.
AdSense allows its advertisers to compete for space on your website based on your content as well as the likelihood of visitors clicking on their ads. Google determines the latter using the advertiser’s “quality score,” which is determined by two factors. The click-through rate, or CTR, is one example. This is the percentage of your site’s visitors that Google believes will click on ads.
How Long Does It Take For You To Get Approved?
Bloggers are typically accepted within 24-48 hours, but the approval can take up to 1-2 weeks.
Google Adsense | Pros and Cons
Google Adsense is a great way in earning income through Ads. Here are the PROS:
- Joining is completely free.
- There are many ad types to choose from, and many of them may be customized to match the appearance and feel of your website.
- You can use one AdSense account to run ads on multiple websites.
- Because the eligibility conditions are simple, you can monetize your website or blog even if it’s brand new.
- You can easily add it to your Blogger and YouTube accounts, though to run AdSense on your videos on YouTube, you’ll need at least 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 hours of view time.
However, keep in mind these CONS:
- To make money online, you need traffic, just like any other kind of online income.
- Google has the power to suspend or terminate your account at any time, and it isn’t very forgiving if you break the rules.
- When users click on an AdSense ad, you earn money, but they also leave your site, preventing you from earning money from higher-paying affiliate products or your own products and services.
Different Types Of Google Adsense Ads
AdSense ads are classified into five types. Display, video, and link ads are examples of these.
- Display Ads
Typical display ads accommodate most screen sizes and these ads can be used practically in any place. This form of ad is convenient, according to the screen size of the device on which it is displayed, including accelerated mobile pages, or AMP.
- In-feed Ads
Native advertising in the form of in-feed adverts is quite effective. These ads blend in well with the feed of an app or e-commerce site, resembling posts without interfering with the user’s experience. What’s the end result? Users who are more engaged are more likely to convert.
- In-Article Ads
In-article is a Google-friendly ad type that allows you to insert native advertising within paragraphs on the content of your website.
The following are some of the advantages of using in-article ads:
- Better user experience: In-article ads make advantage of high-quality advertiser ad elements to look fantastic and give your users a better experience.
- Google optimized: Google optimizes in-article advertising to guarantee they perform well on your article pages.
- In-article ads are full-width advertising that are perfect for monetizing the smaller screen spaces found on mobile devices.
- Link Ads
Ads in the form of text links that can be adaptive or fixed in size.
However, Google recently announced that AdSense link ads phased off the last year of 2021. They’ve listened to publisher and advertiser input and are constantly working to improve ad experiences. As a result, they’ll concentrate their efforts on developing new ad formats and refining existing ones.
How to Create an Ad Unit
The advertisement space within a certain web page or mobile app where you display your ads is referred to as an ad unit. To use it, first, create an ad unit, then paste the code anywhere on your website where you want the ad to appear.
It’s simple to create your first ad unit, and I recommend starting with display ads.
Ad units can be added to your website in a bunch of ways. You’ll need to change the website code to add your ad units, depending on the website platform you’re using. Some platforms like WordPress include ad-supporting tech, making it much easier for you to upload your ad unit code.
To display your ads on website platforms like WordPress, you can utilize a variety of plugins, or website widgets.
2 Ways on How To Optimize Your Adsense Ad
You can look into ways how to optimize your Adsense Ad now that you’ve gotten the hang of how Google AdSense works and how you can earn from it.
Let’s take a look at these two approaches:
- Anchor Ads. These are intended to remain in place while the a reader navigates down the page. Ads used in this manner result in greater user engagement and ad revenue for bloggers. Keep in mind that, when using Google AdSense to execute them, there are several limitations.
You can check out this link to find out more about Google Anchor Ads.
- Auto Ads. AdSense auto ads are a simple method to increase ad income while letting Google handle the difficult work! Google used this kind of tech to automatically insert and optimize ad units into your website without overriding pre-existing ad units. With auto ads, you can also choose which type of ad you wish to use.
Click on this link to learn more about Google Auto Ads.
Watch Out for Invalid Traffic | What NOT To DO
Invalid traffic might result in income deductions and a suspension from AdSense for bloggers. AdSense withdraws a portion of ad income because of invalid click activity using income clawbacks, which means you don’t get reimbursed for clicks on your ads.
If you think a clawback was terrible, a traffic suspension that’s unreasonable is much worse. If your account is suspended, AdSense will stop offering ads on your website. Getting your account reactivated is likewise a hard process.
Bloggers clicking on their own ads (which they should never do), accidental clicks, click bots, and other types of invalid traffic are all examples of invalid traffic. You don’t want to waste time with invalid traffic because it can cost you money. Many AdSense users are completely unaware of this so make sure to be very careful.
Follow Their Rules (Google is that strict!)
Google gives a few pointers for deactivating AdSense on your site. The majority of the rules are focused on those who create content in order to make as much money as possible through AdSense, not on people who have a decent product or one they’re enthusiastic about. Posting hate speech, promoting shady goods, and copyrighted material are all examples of this. Check Google’s policies to ensure you’re not breaking any.
If you’re developing something you believe in, it’ll be better to focus your blog and advertise it. If you find yourself focusing on income more than you desire, you can turn off the ads for a while and take a break.
Do the Right Thing | Adsense Ads Tips
Make sure you maintain these tips when employing Google Adsense Ads:
- You adhere to the rules.
- You create high-quality, interesting content.
- You don’t overcrowd your website with ads.
- Your ads are highly visible to visitors (IAB recommends at least 70 percent viewability)
Remember to allow time for the initial launch — at least two weeks. Earning income through Google Adsense doesn’t come overnight.
Filter out ineffective or ineffective strategies. Continue optimizing until you’re happy with the results.
It’s also important that you know all about Advertising seasonality, though.
Bottom line: make a plan, continue optimizing it, then assess the results.
How Does the Payment Work?
Every month, if your income reaches or exceeds $100, Google will pay you by direct deposit or check. If you don’t make $100 in a month, your profits are carried over to the next month. When you hit the $100 level, Google will pay you on the next payment period. You can check your current earnings, see which advertisements are getting the most clicks, and other useful information in your AdSense account.
Want to Test Out Different Ad Networks?
AdSense can be a tough nut to crack, and bloggers aren’t always approved into the ad network. It may appear that all hope is lost, yet there are some options. Although AdSense is still one of the top ad networks available, we’ve found several terrific AdSense alternatives to explore.
All ad networks are not created equal though. Some concentrate on particular niches, while others concentrate on visitors from specific geographic areas. Every blogger’s situation will be unique.
The list of other ad networks is the best place to start when determining which ad networks are most suited to your needs.
As you can see, there are a variety of ways to monetize a website or blog. However, many of them demand that you have a large amount of traffic before you can make money. AdSense is a fantastic place to start when it comes to monetization. You don’t need to develop anything; you can join the day your blog or website goes up; it’s free, and adding the ad code to your site is simple.
Still, there are no quick fixes when it comes to making a lot of money using Google AdSense. You must test ad placements and formats on a regular basis, optimize your website, and, most importantly, provide high-quality content.
Good luck with your endeavors!
Make Money with Ads on your Website: Complete Guide
The field of web advertising and blog monetization is a thriving one. As you can see, there are a variety of tactics and tools you can use to display successful and profitable ads for your website.
Site ads, when done correctly, can be much more than just a source of passive income. Don’t put it off any longer; choose your advertising approach, develop high-quality blog material, and prepare to reap the rewards of advertising!
Learn How To Make Money Blogging in 2022
I’ve put together the most thorough, in-depth guide to assist you in getting started with your blog. This isn’t going to be a quick read. I’ll reveal all of the strategies I utilized to build a six-figure blog with you. Simply click here to get started with a comprehensive tutorial that will walk you through all of the processes!