Many people who might be interested to explore other platforms after beginning there can do so through the bitcoin exchange Coinbase.
I’m sure there is a number of reasons why you want to delete Coinbase account. There are lots of other alternative cryptocurrency exchanges out there that provide customers with a better trading experience, or simply out of worry about the Coinbase platform’s security of their resources and data, which is not surprising to see people deleting their accounts and signing up for different platforms.
And before learning how to close a Coinbase account, it’s crucial to secure your personal information, like your phone number, credit card information, and email address. At the same time, this can also be a hassle.
The good news is that Coinbase users can easily close their accounts from Coinbase, and if you want to sign in again, you can make a new account using your previous email address, if you wish. Let’s discuss it further below!
Things to Know Before Closing Your Coinbase Account
You must first make sure to have a zero balance before following the step-by-step process for closing a Coinbase account. If they do, it is advised that they either transfer them to a wallet under their control or to another cryptocurrency exchange.
Additionally, the important thing to note is that removing a Coinbase account simultaneously deletes a Coinbase PRO account. Taking note of this is essential as the exchange merges the two platforms into one.
Consider your options for managing your finances.
Having a Trust Wallet where you may exchange, transfer, withdraw, and manage your money and Bitcoin balance is also safe to do.
In theory, your personal information is even more protected than in a bank account because your Bitcoin address doubles as an impenetrable bank vault.
How To Delete Coinbase Account
You must first visit the Coinbase website in order to delete your Coinbase account. You will have the opportunity to close your accounts on the menu that will appear and your Coinbase account gets erased after you have gone through everything.
- The first option on the top-right menu bar is to log into your Coinbase.com account.
- After that, select View My Account under Accounts. Click the “Delete my account” link in the left sidebar.
- By clicking on the text links or making the appropriate radio button selections, you can decide how you’d like to delete your account.
- Click to reveal the form if your app has been verified:
Complete every field on the form. Simply select “Yes” and we will be able to help you if you are unable to supply us with more information, such as an email address or phone number.
Your account is terminated within 10 to 15 business days after you’ve completed all the required fields. Our software won’t carry out any transactions once this page has been submitted if your order hasn’t previously been filled because we only provide this option to regular users. It implies that your money will be secure! When your order has been completed, we might contact you for assistance.
Can I open a new Coinbase account after closing my current one?
Yes, you may always open a new Coinbase account after closing your current one.
Nevertheless, based on how long it has been since you closed the initial account, you might need to use a new email address to register a new Coinbase account.
Note: Deleting your account will return any money that is still in that account and cancel any pending purchases (such as sell orders or withdrawal requests).
When a Coinbase account is deleted, what happens to any funds still on it?
If a person still has money in their Coinbase account, they cannot close his account. Users trying to delete their Coinbase accounts while still having funds are prevented from doing so by the exchange.
Customers are left with better alternatives if the remaining balance is too little to withdraw from the bitcoin trading platform or sell on the open market:
- Donate the money to GiveCrypto.org, a nonprofit that provides cryptocurrency to the poor;
- Transfer the money to an additional Coinbase user;
- Forfeit the money and let Coinbase remove any outstanding balances.
The final option entails getting in touch with Coinbase and requesting that the exchange close the user’s account. The request must clearly explain that the Coinbase customer is giving up any remaining funds in their Coinbase account.
How Do I Deactivate Coinbase?
Just a reminder that deactivating an account works different in closing or deleting an account, The following actions can be taken to disable Coinbase:
- Go to the Settings menu on your iPhone or Android device by selecting “Lock Screen and Home” “Settings.”
- To access that profile page, scroll down and choose “Wallet & transactions.”
- Then click on the payment method you want to deactivate.
- In the lower right corner, select “Edit” (or use this link if you use a desktop computer).
- On the following screen, click the “Deactivate this account” link after scrolling down to find it.
- Scroll down to the “Delete Account” link at the bottom of the next page of the Coinbase Wallet & Transactions settings page and click it to confirm your decision to deactivate your Coinbase account. A notification informing you that your account is being deleted from our database will subsequently appear.
- You can wait for the screen to update before clicking the “Cancel” option if Coinbase has already confirmed your transaction. It ought to reject your request to deactivate.
You can log back in using the same account credentials after deactivating your Coinbase account to access your wallet and transaction history. Please be aware that processing this cancellation may take up to 24 hours.
Can the Coinbase mobile app be used to delete an account?
Only a web browser can be used to delete user accounts on Coinbase. They can use the mobile device’s browser to visit the cryptocurrency exchange, but they are unable to deactivate their accounts using the Coinbase app.
It’s important to note that removing the Coinbase app only removes the program from your mobile device and does not delete nor let your Coinbase account restricted. If you reinstall the application, you can log in using your previous credentials.
Will Coinbase retain my data after closing my account?
The exchange cites fraud prevention, suspicious activity, and potential dispute settlement as security reasons to maintain user data, and states that it will keep “parts of your sensitive information for a minimum of five years or as necessary to comply with our legal duties.”
Want to learn how to start day trading? Check out Martina’s Learn to Trade & Invest Crypto Academy platform to get access to a complete trading & investing video curriculum, trading resources, our trading community, e-mail support, and 2 Zoom lives with Martina every month. Try it out for 2 weeks 100% FREE!